I love steampunk fashion & accessories–in fact, I love these 2 things so much that I cannot relegate them solely to cons, shows, or Halloween. “Style me Steampunk” is a series of blog posts on how to infuse your everyday wardrobe with a steampunk flair. From dressy to casual, office appropriate attire to outfits you can wear when you paint the town red–I will offer up ideas for outfits that will hopefully inspire some of you to dip into your closet and get creative! Style me Steampunk: The Shopkeeper's Daughter
A while back I created a look called the Steampunk Ballerina--the Shopkeeper's Daughter is very similar in that it involves wearing a full tulle skirt. This look is a lot fancier and is a great outfit for dress-up occasions. To recreate this look here's what you'll need:
- Tulle Skirt (there are a number of clothing companies that have similar style skirts right now. They are en vogue right now) I purchased mine from Shabby Apple's Fete de Fleurs collection. Right now they have a number of cute colors to choose from--white, pale pink, and blue (as seen above).
- Vest (that complements the color of your skirt) Mine's thrifted--my very favorite kind of clothing!
- Blouse (preferably with decorative or fancy sleeves) Choose a neutral color that will go well with both your vest & shirt
- Fabric Flower (for your lapel) I made mine following a DIY I found on Pinterest
- Poetic License Floral Tapestry Boots (love, love, love these boots) I wrote an earlier post about how to incorporate these boots into your look.
- Steampunk Jewelry (made mine! Check out my Etsy shop for bling of your own)
- Vintage or Antique flowers (to adorn your luscious locks) I fastened mine with bobby pins.Have fun rummaging through your closet my fellow steampunk fashionistas!